Monday, August 3, 2015

James Arthur Hubbard ~ Missing and almost found


JAMES ARTHUR HUBBARD was the brother of Jay Kimball Hubbard.  Family folklore tells us he was either shanghaied or just left for work one day and never came back to his family.  It surprised me that nobody knew this story.   Were the brothers estranged?  Did they have an argument and walked away and the family lost him?  Was there any Hubbard family member who kept in touch with him? Unfortunately, the only person who might have had the answer to any of these questions was Ella Myrtle Chubb Hubbard, the wife of Jay Kimball Hubbard, and she died in 1971 and took the answers with her.

Curiosity blended with pure nosiness led me to find some of the answers as I stumbled through the family history with blinders on.  One day, a woman contacted me in response to seeing my family tree on ancestry.com.  She was the granddaughter of Thomas Schmuck in Washington state.  It appears that he married James Arthur Hubbard's "widow."  She did not have a photo of the woman, but she did give me the gravestone photos.

Then, I was off and running.  I found MARIE PEARL BENNETT Hubbard, her children and a bit of her history.  In future posts, I will flesh her in and we may eventually find where James Arthur went...died, from what disaster?  Illness?  Accident?  And where was he buried?

No comments:

Post a Comment