Sunday, August 16, 2015

GLODE DUGAR CHUBB from Poultney, Vermont

Chubb-174.jpg
Those tiny green leaves that pop up on the Ancestry.com site give me goose bumps because I know it usually means they've done some work for me!  Yesterday, I was pleased to see some information on the family of GLODE DUGAR CHUBB.  

He is a colorful ancestor and one who made a big mark in history, on society and in his community. When I first learned how diligent he and his wife worked to help slaves by hiding them and helping them move farther north to freedom, I swelled with pride.  I learned that he and his wife, PAMELA PATTISON CHUBB, hid runaway slaves in their home in what we know as the "Underground Railroad."  Glode Dugar Chubb's son was James Dillon Chubb, my great, great grandfather. 

The green leaves led me to CHUBB memorials and I will post them on this blog one at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment